"56-year-old Maine man Roland Cote almost lost his life in a house fire 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning but his black Labrador Retriever, Thumper, managed to wake him by grabbing his arm. A quick 911 call was all there was time for before having to get out.
The Greenville resident said his 7-year-old grandson Colby and wife Avalone were staying with relatives at the time of the fire. The State Fire Marshal's Office says that their cat, Princess, likely knocked over a lantern which melted a gas line.
Authorities say the home is insured, and Cote will have the property cleaned up and a double-wide mobile home brought in. The family will be staying with a family friend in town for the meantime."